Monday, September 13, 2010

Just a quick note.

I thought I was doing this to help my grieving and found out I am doing it more to honor my mother and my father who were strong, loving and brave people.  I want my children and grandchildren and generations to come to know their story.  I feel so blessed to have had two awesome and loving parents.  I am not saying we didn't have our differences but I now know as an adult what a great gift they were to us.  I hope the day will come when I don't cry but I just laugh and smile thinking of them, but it hasn't happened yet.  I did make it to the cemetery to put those flowers and some pumpkins, its fall you know and mom loved to decorate! Next I'll have to get a little Italian flag and a little American flag for their spot.  She loved Italy but she loved America more.  She was very proud of this country and of the military who serve us so well.  Ciao, God bless, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment